International Journal of Phytotherapy and Ethnobotany
International Journal of Phytotherapy and Ethnobotany ISSN 4536-1835 is a peer-reviewed, open access journal that publishes innovative studies on the efficacy, safety, quality and mechanisms of action of specified plant extracts, phytopharmaceuticals and their isolated constituents. This includes clinical, pharmacological, pharmacokinetic, and toxicological studies of specified herbal medicinal products, herbal preparations and purified compounds which have a defined and consistent quality assuring reproducible pharmacological activity. The scope of this journal is comprehensive and includes original research papers, authoritative reviews, short communications as well as report on new developments in all aspects of the journal.
IJPE aims to report and archive state-of-the-art research findings in all areas of the subjects. The journal aims to serve the needs of academic and industry authors, researchers, and readers in a medium tailored for the discovery, integration, and application of research.
Aims and Scope
- IJPE is an electronic, peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary journal devoted to the rapid dissemination of current research. The journal seeks manuscripts that are novel, integrative and written in ways that are accessible to a wide audience. This includes an array of disciplines (biological and social sciences) concerned particularly with theoretical questions that lead to practical applications. Articles can also be based on the perspectives of cultural practitioners, poets and others with insights into plants, people and applied research. Methodology reviews and theoretical discussions are also published. The journal publishes original research that is embedded in indigenous languages.
- To stimulate research in this particular field and to set internationally accepted scientific standards for pharmacological studies, proof of clinical efficacy and safety of phytomedicines.
- To publish original medical plant research articles including biochemistry, pharmacology toxicology, pathology and the clinical applications of herbs and natural products to both human and animal medicine.
- To publish papers concerning chemical and botanical identification of herbs or their products where such information contributes to the overall safety of plant based medicines currently in use.
- To publish clinical papers on the applications of herbs and natural products to both human and animal.
- To publish papers concerned with the effects of common food ingredients and standardized plant extracts including commercial products as well as mechanistic studies on isolated natural products.
- To publish purely agricultural phytochemical structure elucidation and identification papers pertinent to the pharmacological effects or overall safety of plant based medicines currently in use.
- To publish papers dealing with the pharmacology and screening of crude extracts of local medicinal plants that will offer unlimited interest to an international readership.
- IJPE publishes original research papers, short communications, reviews and letters on medicinal plant research. Key areas of interest are pharmacology, toxicology, and the clinical applications of herbs and natural products in medicine, from case histories to full clinical trials, including studies of herb-drug interactions and other aspects of the safety of herbal medicines. Papers concerned with the effects of common food ingredients and standardized plant extracts, including commercial products, are particularly welcome, as are mechanistic studies on isolated natural products. Short communications dealing with the pharmacology and screening of crude or uncharacterized extracts will be considered for publication only if they are clearly of interest to our international readership and are not deemed more suitable for a regional audience. The publish agricultural, phytochemical, structure elucidation, quality control or botanical identification papers that are directly pertinent to the pharmacological effects or overall safety of plant based medicines currently in use.
The journal covers the following sections:
- Clinical pharmacology and toxicology (randomized, placebo controlled, double blind, and observational open label studies)
- Behavioural, mental, affective, and stress-associated disorders
- Age-associated disorders
- Endocrine pharmacology
- Metabolic syndrome and obesity
- Immunopharmacology, inflammation
- Infectious diseases
- Pulmonary, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular and urogenital diseases
- Systems biology
- Safety assessment, pre-clinical toxicology, interaction with drugs and adverse events of herbal preparations
- Pharmacokinetic of natural compounds
- Standardization of herbal preparations
- Legislation of botanicals
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Academic Resource Index
- Index Copernicus
- J-Gate Portal
- Electronic Journals Library
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Global Health
- Google Scholar
- Zoological Record