International Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology
About this Journal
Aims and Scope
International Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology ISSN 2326-7291 is a peer-reviewed, open access journal that considers articles on all aspects of public health and epidemiology, including the social determinants of health, the environmental, behavioral, and occupational correlates of health and disease, and the impact of health policies, practices and interventions on the community.
The aims of the journal include the following:
- To promote communication among those engaged in the research, teaching, and application of epidemiology of both communicable and non-communicable disease, including research into health services and medical care.
- To promote debate and discussion on practical and theoretical aspects of epidemiology, including new epidemiological concepts and methods, novel ways of presenting and providing insights into existing epidemiological concepts and methods, including the teaching environment, use of epidemiological research methods in non-medical settings (e.g. criminology), causal inference in epidemiology, applications of new technologies in field studies (e.g. mobile technologies, pattern recognition techniques, social networking tools), ethical issues in epidemiological research, new statistical methods, or novel uses of existing methods in epidemiological studies, methodological developments in molecular and genetic epidemiology and novel applications in these areas, historical articles and re-assessments of classic papers etc.
- To promote the quality of clinical and patient-oriented health services research through the advancement and application of innovative methods of conducting and presenting primary research; synthesizing research results; disseminating results; and translating results into optimal clinical practice.
- To publish high profile articles that will incorporate the interdisciplinary approaches of epidemiology, biostatistics, health services, environmental health, community health, behavioral health, health economics, public policy, insurance medicine, mental health and occupational health and safety.
- To publish articles that will benefit physicians specializing in public health/community medicine/infectious disease, psychologists, epidemiologists, biostatisticians, medical assistants or assistant medical officers, public health nurses, midwives, medical microbiologists, environmental health officers / public health inspectors, pharmacists, dentists, dietitians and nutritionists, veterinarians, public health engineers, public health lawyers, sociologists, community development workers, communications experts, bioethicists, and others.
- To publish articles that plays an important role in disease prevention efforts in both the developing world and in developed countries.
- To publish papers that will improve the health and quality of life through prevention and treatment of disease and other physical and mental health conditions.
- To provide leadership on matters critical to health and engaging in partnerships where joint action is needed.
- To publish papers that will shape a research agenda by stimulating the generation, translation and dissemination of valuable knowledge;
- To publish research that will set norms and standards as well as promote and monitor their implementation;
- To publish articles that will articulate ethical and evidence-based policy options;
- To publish articles monitoring health situation and assessing health trends. Articles that serve as an early warning system for impending public health emergencies or document the impact of an intervention, or track progress towards specified goals; or monitor and clarify the epidemiology of health problems, allow priorities to be set, and inform health policy and strategies, or diagnose, investigate, and monitor health problems and health hazards of the community, are most welcome.
All articles published by this journal are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers.
Also, authors of articles published in this journal are the copyright holders of their articles and have granted to any third party, in advance and in perpetuity, the right to use, reproduce or disseminate articles.
International Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology levies an article-processing charge of $500 (USD) for each article accepted for publication. The journal does not charge a submission fee. Authors are required to pay the manuscript handling fee only after their manuscripts have been reviewed and accepted for publication by an editor. Authors can request a waiver or discount during the submission process as the journal routinely waive charges for authors from low-income countries.
ISJ offsets publication expenses – including the cost of peer review management, journal production, and online hosting and archiving – by charging an Article Processing Charge (APC), to authors, institutions or funders for each article published. This publication fees vary by journal and are payable upon article acceptance.
Peer-review is the system used by International Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology to assess the quality of a manuscript before it is published. Qualified researchers in the relevant research area assess submitted manuscripts for originality, validity and significance to help editors determine whether the manuscript should be published or not.
International Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology operates a double-blind peer-review system, where the reviewers of the paper won't get to know the identity of the author(s), and the author(s) won't get to know the identity of the reviewer. The advantage of double-blind peer review is that it eliminates bias.
Manuscripts submitted to this journal will generally be reviewed by two or more experts who will be required to evaluate whether the manuscript is scientifically sound and coherent, whether it duplicates already published work, and whether or not the manuscript is sufficiently clear for publication. The Editors will reach a decision based on these reports and, where necessary, they will consult with members of the Editorial Board.
International Scholars Journals (ISJ) is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and abides by its Code of Conduct and aims to adhere to its Best Practice Guidelines.
All journals published by ISJ are committed to publishing only innovative and original material i.e., material that has neither been published elsewhere, nor is it under consideration for publication by another publisher.
Benefits of publishing in this journal
At ISJ, we continue to work hard to support our authors who trust us with their works. Here are just some of the benefits we provide:
- Open Access: Our research is freely available to all, from the time of publication. Readers do not need a subscription or to register before they can access our articles.
- High visibility: ISJ allows maximum visibility of articles published in the journal as they are available to the widest possible scientific outreach, including to the general public.
- Rapid publication: The timeframe between acceptance and publication is about 3 weeks. All ISJ journals offer a fast publication schedule.
- Rigorous peer-review: ISJ is operated by a team of experienced professional editors. We work closely with academic editors and reviewers to provide authors with an efficient, fair, and constructive reviews.
- Post-publication comments: ISJ allows readers and authors to exchange ideas that are directly accessible from the full-text article.
- International readership: All articles are being accessed from over 200 countries worldwide.
- Promotion and press coverage: Articles published in this journal are included in article alerts and regular email updates.
- Access and reach: We continue to submit our journals to all known abstracting and indexing services.
- Flexibility: ISJ journals gives you the opportunity to publish at your convenience.
- Copyright: Authors retain the copyright to their works. Authors are allowed unlimited use and/or distribution of their work without any form of restriction. As an author of an article published in any ISJ journal, you retain the copyright of your article and you are free to reproduce and disseminate your work.
To subscribe for an article published by any of our journals, kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The subscription rate is $350 and it is the same for all countries. The subscription charges are inclusive of delivery charges. All journals are open access and subscribers shall receive the print edition.