International Journal of Management and Business Studies
About this Journal
Aims and Scope
International Journal of Management and Business Studies ISSN 2167-0439 is peer reviewed, open access international journal that publishes the most exciting research in all aspects of management and business studies. The journal publishes high quality original research articles, case studies, critical reviews and surveys in basic and applied research so as to attract contributions from the relevant local, regional and international communities. IJMBS provides immediate open access to all articles published in the journal. The aims of the journal include the following:
- The primary editorial objective of the journal is to provide a forum for the dissemination of theory and research in all areas of business, management, general management, strategy, business and marketing, executive management, organization studies, human resources management, crisis management, national resources management, information technology, advertising and organizational decisions which would be of interest to academics and practitioners.
- To attract papers based on scholastic rigor and of relevance for academics, researchers, professionals, and/or public decision-makers. The journal provide a platform for professionals, practitioners, academics, educators and researchers in the various fields of management and business to disseminate and share the latest research, knowledge and experiences.
- To stimulate new research ideas and foster practical application in all areas of the fields.
- To provide an academic medium and an important reference for the advancement and dissemination of research results that support high-level learning, teaching and research in the fields of Management and Business Studies.
- To publish articles that will either explicitly discuss international issues of interest to business and management researchers and professionals, or at least will touch on subject matters that their implications can be extended into the international arena.
- To publish rigorous, theoretical, methodological or empirical research associated with the areas of business economics, including strategy, finance, management, marketing, organization, human resources, operations, and corporate governance.
- To publish articles dedicated to advancing the research, teaching and practice of management and business worldwide in an intellectually stimulating, constructive, supportive and friendly environment
- All articles published by this journal are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers.
- All works published by this journal are under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY).
- Authors of articles published in this journal are the copyright holders of their articles and have granted to any third party, in advance and in perpetuity, the right to use, reproduce or disseminate articles.
International Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management levies an article-processing charge of $500 (USD) for each article accepted for publication. The journal does not charge a submission fee. Authors are required to pay the manuscript handling fee only after their manuscripts have been reviewed and accepted for publication by an editor. Authors can request a waiver or discount during the submission process as the journal routinely waive charges for authors from low-income countries.
ISJ offsets publication expenses – including the cost of peer review management, journal production, and online hosting and archiving – by charging an Article Processing Charge (APC), to authors, institutions or funders for each article published. This publication fees vary by journal and are payable upon article acceptance.
Peer-review is the system used by International Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management to assess the quality of a manuscript before it is published. Qualified researchers in the relevant research area assess submitted manuscripts for originality, validity and significance to help editors determine whether the manuscript should be published or not.
International Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management operates a double-blind peer-review system, where the reviewers of the paper won't get to know the identity of the author(s), and the author(s) won't get to know the identity of the reviewer. The advantage of double-blind peer review is that it eliminates bias.
Manuscripts submitted to this journal will generally be reviewed by two or more experts who will be required to evaluate whether the manuscript is scientifically sound and coherent, whether it duplicates already published work, and whether or not the manuscript is sufficiently clear for publication. The Editors will reach a decision based on these reports and, where necessary, they will consult with members of the Editorial Board.
The editors of IJOG take a very serious stance against any evidence of plagiarism including self-plagiarism in manuscripts submitted to them. Every reasonable effort will be made to investigate any allegations of plagiarism brought to their attention, as well as instances that come up during the peer review process.
International Scholars Journals (ISJ) is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and abides by its Code of Conduct and aims to adhere to its Best Practice Guidelines.
All journals published by ISJ are committed to publishing only innovative and original material i.e., material that has neither been published elsewhere, nor is it under consideration for publication by another publisher.
ISJ Self-Archiving Policy
Authors of articles published in any of our journals are permitted to self-archive the submitted (preprint) and accepted (peer-reviewed) version of the article at any time. There is no embargo period. At ISJ, we strongly believe that self-archiving makes research to be widely “visible, accessible, harvestable, searchable, and useable,” thus increasing its reach and impact, and possibly the number of citations it receives.
The submitted version may be placed on:
The author's personal website
The author's company/institutional repository or archive
Not for profit subject-based preprint servers or repositories
To read more about ISJ self-archiving policy at Sherpa/Romeo, click here: https://v2.sherpa.ac.uk/view/publication_by_publisher/2634.html
Benefits of publishing in this journal
At ISJ, we continue to work hard to support our authors who trust us with their works. Here are just some of the benefits we provide:
- Open Access: Our research is freely available to all, from the time of publication. Readers do not need a subscription or to register before they can access our articles.
- High visibility: ISJ allows maximum visibility of articles published in the journal as they are available to the widest possible scientific outreach, including to the general public.
- Rapid publication: The timeframe between acceptance and publication is about 3 weeks. All ISJ journals offer a fast publication schedule.
- Rigorous peer-review: ISJ is operated by a team of experienced professional editors. We work closely with academic editors and reviewers to provide authors with an efficient, fair, and constructive reviews.
- Post-publication comments: ISJ allows readers and authors to exchange ideas that are directly accessible from the full-text article.
- International readership: All articles are being accessed from over 200 countries worldwide.
- Promotion and press coverage: Articles published in this journal are included in article alerts and regular email updates.
- Access and reach: We continue to submit our journals to all known abstracting and indexing services.
- Flexibility: ISJ journals gives you the opportunity to publish at your convenience.
- Copyright: Authors retain the copyright to their works. Authors are allowed unlimited use and/or distribution of their work without any form of restriction. As an author of an article published in any ISJ journal, you retain the copyright of your article and you are free to reproduce and disseminate your work.
Types of contribution
Regular articles: These should describe new and carefully confirmed findings, and experimental procedures should be given in sufficient detail for others to verify the work. The length of a full paper should be the minimum required to describe and interpret the work clearly.
Short Communications: A short Communication is suitable for recording the results of complete small investigations or giving details of new models or hypotheses, innovative methods, techniques or apparatus. The style of main sections need not conform to that of full-length papers. Short communications are 2 to 4 printed pages (about 6 to 12 manuscript pages) in length.
Reviews: Submissions of reviews and perspectives covering topics of current interest are welcome and encouraged. Reviews should be concise and no longer than 4-6 printed pages (about 12 to 18 manuscript pages). Reviews manuscripts are also peer-reviewed.
To subscribe for an article published by any of our journals, kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The subscription rate is $350 and it is the same for all countries. The subscription charges are inclusive of delivery charges. All journals are open access and subscribers shall receive the print edition.