African Journal of Plant Breeding
About this Journal
Aims and scope
African Journal of Plant Breeding ISSN 2375-074X is a peer-reviewed open access journal established to encourage the scientific investigation into the art and science of changing the traits of plants in order to produce desired characteristics.
The journal publishes original and review articles covering all areas of plant breeding, including plant genetics, plant physiology, plant pathology, and plant development. The journal focuses on crop plants and is therefore of interest to seed companies and the plant breeding industry as well as to researchers and teachers in this field.
African Journal of Plant Breeding also considers original and review articles on all aspects of plant improvement, breeding methodologies, and genetics to include qualitative and quantitative inheritance and genomics of major crop species. The journal provides readers with cutting-edge information on use of molecular techniques and genomics as they relate to improving gain from selection. Since its subject matter embraces all aspects of crop improvement, its content is sought after by both industry and academia.
All articles published by this journal are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers.
Also, authors of articles published in this journal are the copyright holders of their articles and have granted to any third party, in advance and in perpetuity, the right to use, reproduce or disseminate articles.
African Journal of Plant Breeding levies an article-processing charge of $500 (USD) for each article accepted for publication. The journal does not charge a submission fee. Authors are required to pay the manuscript handling fee only after their manuscripts have been reviewed and accepted for publication by an editor. Authors can request a waiver or discount during the submission process as the journal routinely waive charges for authors from low-income countries.
ISJ offsets publication expenses – including the cost of peer review management, journal production, and online hosting and archiving – by charging an Article Processing Charge (APC), to authors, institutions or funders for each article published. This publication fees vary by journal and are payable upon article acceptance.
Peer-review is the system used by African Journal of Plant Breeding to assess the quality of a manuscript before it is published. Qualified researchers in the relevant research area assess submitted manuscripts for originality, validity and significance to help editors determine whether the manuscript should be published or not.
African Journal of Plant Breeding operates a double-blind peer-review system, where the reviewers of the paper won't get to know the identity of the author(s), and the author(s) won't get to know the identity of the reviewer. The advantage of double-blind peer review is that it eliminates bias.
Manuscripts submitted to this journal will generally be reviewed by two or more experts who will be required to evaluate whether the manuscript is scientifically sound and coherent, whether it duplicates already published work, and whether or not the manuscript is sufficiently clear for publication. The Editors will reach a decision based on these reports and, where necessary, they will consult with members of the Editorial Board.
International Scholars Journals (ISJ) is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and abides by its Code of Conduct and aims to adhere to its Best Practice Guidelines.
All journals published by ISJ are committed to publishing only innovative and original material i.e., material that has neither been published elsewhere, nor is it under consideration for publication by another publisher.
Benefits of publishing in this journal
At ISJ, we continue to work hard to support our authors who trust us with their works. Here are just some of the benefits we provide:
- Open Access: Our research is freely available to all, from the time of publication. Readers do not need a subscription or to register before they can access our articles.
- High visibility: ISJ allows maximum visibility of articles published in the journal as they are available to the widest possible scientific outreach, including to the general public.
- Rapid publication: The timeframe between acceptance and publication is about 3 weeks. All ISJ journals offer a fast publication schedule.
- Rigorous peer-review: ISJ is operated by a team of experienced professional editors. We work closely with academic editors and reviewers to provide authors with an efficient, fair, and constructive reviews.
- Post-publication comments: ISJ allows readers and authors to exchange ideas that are directly accessible from the full-text article.
- International readership: All articles are being accessed from over 200 countries worldwide.
- Promotion and press coverage: Articles published in this journal are included in article alerts and regular email updates.
- Access and reach: We continue to submit our journals to all known abstracting and indexing services.
- Flexibility: ISJ journals gives you the opportunity to publish at your convenience.
- Copyright: Authors retain the copyright to their works. Authors are allowed unlimited use and/or distribution of their work without any form of restriction. As an author of an article published in any ISJ journal, you retain the copyright of your article and you are free to reproduce and disseminate your work.
To subscribe for an article published by any of our journals, kindly contact email@example.com. The subscription rate is $350 and it is the same for all countries. The subscription charges are inclusive of delivery charges. All journals are open access and subscribers shall receive the print edition.