Advances in Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
About this Journal
Aims and scope
Advances in Aquaculture and Fisheries Management is a peer-reviewed open access multidisciplinary journal which considers high quality articles for publication in all aspects of aquaculture and fisheries science. The journal is devoted to the advancement of technological innovations and solutions to major issues facing the growth of global aquaculture and fisheries science. Advances in Aquaculture and Fisheries Management is international in perspective and thus attracts research papers that advance scientific understanding in the various research topics important to aquaculture production. Papers are selected for publication based on scientific quality and the significance of the knowledge or ideas presented, guaranteeing readers the highest quality information available. The journal aims;
- To publish and make available the highest quality international scientific contributions to aquaculture and fisheries science. The journal publishes disciplinary, interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary aquaculture as well as non-traditional scientific areas such as sustainability science, social-ecological systems, ornamental, conservation and restoration related to aquaculture.
- To publish papers on applied or scientific research relevant to freshwater, brackish, and marine aquaculture. It covers all aquatic organisms, floristic and faunistic, related directly or indirectly to human consumption. The journal also includes review articles, short communications and technical papers. Young scientists are particularly encouraged to submit short communications based on their own research.
- To publish hypothesis-driven papers on applied or scientific research relevant to freshwater aquaculture; brackish water aquaculture; and marine aquaculture, including: breeding and selection in fish farming, nutritional and dietary requirements in aquaculture, environmental conditions affecting the growth of farmed fish, effects of fish farming on the aquatic environment etc.
- Advances in Aquaculture and Fisheries Management is intended for fisheries and aquaculture scientists, fishing gear technologists, economists, extension officers, administrators and policy makers. The journal publishes theoretical and practical papers relating to laboratory and field experimental studies on all aspects of fisheries and aquaculture.
All articles published by this journal are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers.
Also, authors of articles published in this journal are the copyright holders of their articles and have granted to any third party, in advance and in perpetuity, the right to use, reproduce or disseminate articles.
Advances in Aquaculture and Fisheries Management levies an article-processing charge of $500 (USD) for each article accepted for publication. The journal does not charge a submission fee. Authors are required to pay the manuscript handling fee only after their manuscripts have been reviewed and accepted for publication by an editor. Authors can request a waiver or discount during the submission process as the journal routinely waive charges for authors from low-income countries.
ISJ offsets publication expenses – including the cost of peer review management, journal production, and online hosting and archiving – by charging an Article Processing Charge (APC), to authors, institutions or funders for each article published. This publication fees vary by journal and are payable upon article acceptance.
Peer-review is the system used by Advances in Aquaculture and Fisheries Management to assess the quality of a manuscript before it is published. Qualified researchers in the relevant research area assess submitted manuscripts for originality, validity and significance to help editors determine whether the manuscript should be published or not.
Advances in Aquaculture and Fisheries Management operates a double-blind peer-review system, where the reviewers of the paper won't get to know the identity of the author(s), and the author(s) won't get to know the identity of the reviewer. The advantage of double-blind peer review is that it eliminates bias.
Manuscripts submitted to this journal will generally be reviewed by two or more experts who will be required to evaluate whether the manuscript is scientifically sound and coherent, whether it duplicates already published work, and whether or not the manuscript is sufficiently clear for publication. The Editors will reach a decision based on these reports and, where necessary, they will consult with members of the Editorial Board.
All journals published by ISJ are committed to publishing only innovative and original material i.e., material that has neither been published elsewhere, nor is it under consideration for publication by another publisher.
Benefits of publishing in this journal
At ISJ, we continue to work hard to support our authors who trust us with their works. Here are just some of the benefits we provide:
- Open Access: Our research is freely available to all, from the time of publication. Readers do not need a subscription or to register before they can access our articles.
- High visibility: ISJ allows maximum visibility of articles published in the journal as they are available to the widest possible scientific outreach, including to the general public.
- Rapid publication: The timeframe between acceptance and publication is about 3 weeks. All ISJ journals offer a fast publication schedule.
- Rigorous peer-review: ISJ is operated by a team of experienced professional editors. We work closely with academic editors and reviewers to provide authors with an efficient, fair, and constructive reviews.
- Post-publication comments: ISJ allows readers and authors to exchange ideas that are directly accessible from the full-text article.
- International readership: All articles are being accessed from over 200 countries worldwide.
- Promotion and press coverage: Articles published in this journal are included in article alerts and regular email updates.
- Access and reach: We continue to submit our journals to all known abstracting and indexing services.
- Flexibility: ISJ journals gives you the opportunity to publish at your convenience.
- Copyright: Authors retain the copyright to their works. Authors are allowed unlimited use and/or distribution of their work without any form of restriction. As an author of an article published in any ISJ journal, you retain the copyright of your article and you are free to reproduce and disseminate your work.
To subscribe for an article published by any of our journals, kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The subscription rate is $350 and it is the same for all countries. The subscription charges are inclusive of delivery charges. All journals are open access and subscribers shall receive the print edition.