Advances in Agriculture and Agricultural Sciences
About this Journal
Aims and scope
Advances in Agriculture and Agricultural Sciences ISSN 2756-326X is an open access, peer-reviewed platform for the presentation of new advances and research results in the fields of Agricultural Sciences. The journal will bring together leading agricultural scientists, researchers and scholars in the domain of interest from around the world.
Advances in Agriculture and Agricultural Sciences publishes original research and review articles that cut across all areas of agricultural sciences, with particular emphasis on interdisciplinary studies at the agriculture/ food interface. The journal focuses on hypothesis-driven research studies suitable for an international audience. The aim of the journal include the following:
- To publish exciting articles that will seek to help solve the world's problems in relation to hunger, health issues, and to improve the quality of living, as well as increase the quantity of food for our growing population.
- To serve as an important platform for the publication of high quality articles that seeks to address global food challenges.
- To publish articles that have the potential to explore some of the most advanced agricultural technologies in the world, so as to enable readers have a deep insight of these technologies. This will be particularly valuable for readers whose home countries suffer from hunger issues, as these people can bring what they read back to their home countries and use it to teach alternative ways to grow crops.
- To educate readers who are interested in careers in farming and related services. These may involve plant cultivation, dealing with animals or business and economics. The journal will publish a variety of articles in different areas, including animal/plant sciences, animal anatomy, horticulture, dairy science, agriculture safety, agronomy, soil science, food chemistry etc. From improving agricultural productivity and minimizing the effects of pests on crops and animals to publishing articles dealing with animal breeding, genetics and nutrition, publications within this category deal with the tools, methods and technology that relate to agricultural needs.
- To publish high profile articles that will integrate available manpower and resources into the mainstream of available opportunities in the agricultural sector.
- To provide a forum for the publication of high quality articles in all areas of agriculture that will facilitate the development of high caliber manpower and to generate sustainable improvement in all areas of agriculture, through teaching, research and extension to local and international communities.
All articles published by this journal are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers.
Also, authors of articles published in this journal are the copyright holders of their articles and have granted to any third party, in advance and in perpetuity, the right to use, reproduce or disseminate articles.
Advances in Agriculture and Agricultural Sciences levies an article-processing charge of $500 (USD) for each article accepted for publication. The journal does not charge a submission fee. Authors are required to pay the manuscript handling fee only after their manuscripts have been reviewed and accepted for publication by an editor. Authors can request a waiver or discount during the submission process as the journal routinely waive charges for authors from low-income countries.
ISJ offsets publication expenses – including the cost of peer review management, journal production, and online hosting and archiving – by charging an Article Processing Charge (APC), to authors, institutions or funders for each article published. This publication fees vary by journal and are payable upon article acceptance.
Peer-review is the system used by Advances in Agriculture and Agricultural Sciences to assess the quality of a manuscript before it is published. Qualified researchers in the relevant research area assess submitted manuscripts for originality, validity and significance to help editors determine whether the manuscript should be published or not.
Advances in Agriculture and Agricultural Sciences operates a double-blind peer-review system, where the reviewers of the paper won't get to know the identity of the author(s), and the author(s) won't get to know the identity of the reviewer. The advantage of double-blind peer review is that it eliminates bias.
Manuscripts submitted to this journal will generally be reviewed by two or more experts who will be required to evaluate whether the manuscript is scientifically sound and coherent, whether it duplicates already published work, and whether or not the manuscript is sufficiently clear for publication. The Editors will reach a decision based on these reports and, where necessary, they will consult with members of the Editorial Board.
All journals published by ISJ are committed to publishing only innovative and original material i.e., material that has neither been published elsewhere, nor is it under consideration for publication by another publisher.
Benefits of publishing in this journal
At ISJ, we continue to work hard to support our authors who trust us with their works. Here are just some of the benefits we provide:
- Open Access: Our research is freely available to all, from the time of publication. Readers do not need a subscription or to register before they can access our articles.
- High visibility: ISJ allows maximum visibility of articles published in the journal as they are available to the widest possible scientific outreach, including to the general public.
- Rapid publication: The timeframe between acceptance and publication is about 3 weeks. All ISJ journals offer a fast publication schedule.
- Rigorous peer-review: ISJ is operated by a team of experienced professional editors. We work closely with academic editors and reviewers to provide authors with an efficient, fair, and constructive reviews.
- Post-publication comments: ISJ allows readers and authors to exchange ideas that are directly accessible from the full-text article.
- International readership: All articles are being accessed from over 200 countries worldwide.
- Promotion and press coverage: Articles published in this journal are included in article alerts and regular email updates.
- Access and reach: We continue to submit our journals to all known abstracting and indexing services.
- Flexibility: ISJ journals gives you the opportunity to publish at your convenience.
- Copyright: Authors retain the copyright to their works. Authors are allowed unlimited use and/or distribution of their work without any form of restriction. As an author of an article published in any ISJ journal, you retain the copyright of your article and you are free to reproduce and disseminate your work.
To subscribe for an article published by any of our journals, kindly contact email@example.com. The subscription rate is $350 and it is the same for all countries. The subscription charges are inclusive of delivery charges. All journals are open access and subscribers shall receive the print edition.