International Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management
About this Journal
Aims and Scope
International Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management provides a peer-reviewed platform for contributions that further understanding, practice, and education in hospitality and tourism management. The journal communicates the latest developments and thinking on the management of hospitality and tourism businesses worldwide. Contributors are encouraged to identify clear theoretical and practical implications of their work for hospitality and tourism management from single unit concerns to large organizations. The aims of the journal include the following:
Aims and Scope
- To provide a rigorous forum for the publication of theoretical and empirical work, state-of-the-art reviews and analyses of business practice within the industry, by both academic and industry experts, in all aspects of hospitality and tourism.
- To publish papers covering issues relevant to strategic management, operations, marketing, finance and human resources management. IJHTM discusses major trends and developments in a variety of disciplines as they apply to the hospitality/tourism industry.
- To promote new ideas, models, approaches, and paradigms that contribute to the development of knowledge and theory of hospitality marketing and management. Its distinct, multifaceted approach encompasses the administrative disciplines, liberal arts, and social sciences.
- To disseminate knowledge through the publication of high-quality, peer-reviewed research papers, reports, and book reviews, while serving as a unique peer-reviewed forum for the community of students, academics and practitioners with a shared interest and devotion to hospitality marketing and management.
- To help practitioners and researchers stay abreast of the latest developments in the field, as well as facilitate the exchange of ideas. An exciting and challenging international forum, the journal reflects current happenings and trends in the industry.
- To provide essential and intelligent information about world-wide hospitality and tourism issues in the face of dynamic market forces such as global competition, changing customer expectations, and new communication technology—combined with career challenges due to ongoing industry consolidation and corporate restructuring--mandate continuous learning and the sharing of ideas.
- To publish refereed articles on best practices of hospitality and tourism management, applied research studies, and critical reviews on major issues affecting the hospitality and tourism sectors.
All articles published by this journal are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers.
Also, authors of articles published in this journal are the copyright holders of their articles and have granted to any third party, in advance and in perpetuity, the right to use, reproduce or disseminate articles.
International Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management levies an article-processing charge of $500 (USD) for each article accepted for publication. The journal does not charge a submission fee. Authors are required to pay the manuscript handling fee only after their manuscripts have been reviewed and accepted for publication by an editor. Authors can request a waiver or discount during the submission process as the journal routinely waive charges for authors from low-income countries.
ISJ offsets publication expenses – including the cost of peer review management, journal production, and online hosting and archiving – by charging an Article Processing Charge (APC), to authors, institutions or funders for each article published. This publication fees vary by journal and are payable upon article acceptance.
Peer-review is the system used by International Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management to assess the quality of a manuscript before it is published. Qualified researchers in the relevant research area assess submitted manuscripts for originality, validity and significance to help editors determine whether the manuscript should be published or not.
International Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management operates a double-blind peer-review system, where the reviewers of the paper won't get to know the identity of the author(s), and the author(s) won't get to know the identity of the reviewer. The advantage of double-blind peer review is that it eliminates bias.
Manuscripts submitted to this journal will generally be reviewed by two or more experts who will be required to evaluate whether the manuscript is scientifically sound and coherent, whether it duplicates already published work, and whether or not the manuscript is sufficiently clear for publication. The Editors will reach a decision based on these reports and, where necessary, they will consult with members of the Editorial Board.
International Scholars Journals (ISJ) is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and abides by its Code of Conduct and aims to adhere to its Best Practice Guidelines.
All journals published by ISJ are committed to publishing only innovative and original material i.e., material that has neither been published elsewhere, nor is it under consideration for publication by another publisher.
Benefits of publishing in this journal
At ISJ, we continue to work hard to support our authors who trust us with their works. Here are just some of the benefits we provide:
- Open Access: Our research is freely available to all, from the time of publication. Readers do not need a subscription or to register before they can access our articles.
- High visibility: ISJ allows maximum visibility of articles published in the journal as they are available to the widest possible scientific outreach, including to the general public.
- Rapid publication: The timeframe between acceptance and publication is about 3 weeks. All ISJ journals offer a fast publication schedule.
- Rigorous peer-review: ISJ is operated by a team of experienced professional editors. We work closely with academic editors and reviewers to provide authors with an efficient, fair, and constructive reviews.
- Post-publication comments: ISJ allows readers and authors to exchange ideas that are directly accessible from the full-text article.
- International readership: All articles are being accessed from over 200 countries worldwide.
- Promotion and press coverage: Articles published in this journal are included in article alerts and regular email updates.
- Access and reach: We continue to submit our journals to all known abstracting and indexing services.
- Flexibility: ISJ journals gives you the opportunity to publish at your convenience.
- Copyright: Authors retain the copyright to their works. Authors are allowed unlimited use and/or distribution of their work without any form of restriction. As an author of an article published in any ISJ journal, you retain the copyright of your article and you are free to reproduce and disseminate your work.
To subscribe for an article published by any of our journals, kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The subscription rate is $350 and it is the same for all countries. The subscription charges are inclusive of delivery charges. All journals are open access and subscribers shall receive the print edition.