International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology
International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology ISSN 2326-7234 is a peer reviewed, open access journal that provides a medium for the publication of scholarly articles in all areas of obstetrics and gynecology. The journal publishes a wide range of papers, including scientific and clinical research, short communications, reviews, case reports, editorials, perspectives and commentaries.
Aims and Scope
The International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology is an international peer-reviewed medical journal that publishes original research and review articles on the entire field of obstetrics and gynecology, with an emphasis on practical applicability.
- The aim of the Journal is to publish original research (clinical and translational), reviews, short communications, opinions and interviews that will have an impact on the understanding of health and disease and that has the potential to change the practice of women's health care. An important focus is the diagnosis, treatment, prediction and prevention of obstetrical and gynecological disorders. The Journal also publishes work on the biology of reproduction, and content which provides insight into the physiology and mechanisms of obstetrical and gynecological diseases.
- To publish articles covering all aspects of human reproduction, including reproductive physiology and pathology, endocrinology, andrology, gonad function, gametogenesis, fertilization, embryo development, implantation, pregnancy, genetics, preimplantation genetic diagnosis, oncology, infectious disease, surgery, contraception, infertility treatment, psychology, ethics, and social issues.
- To publish research covering human and animal hypertension during gestation, including the physiology of circulatory control, pathophysiology, methodology, and therapy, breast cancer, assisted conception, endocrinology, physiology and pathology, implantation, and preimplantation genetic diagnosis.
- To publish papers that covers obstetric, medical, genetic, mental health, and surgical complications of pregnancy and their effects on the mother, fetus, and neonate. Research on audit, evaluation, and clinical care in maternal-fetal and perinatal medicine is also featured.
- To publish quality articles covering gynecology as it relates to the fields of pediatrics, adolescent medicine, female urology, gynecologic oncology, fertility, perinatology, contraception and reproductive health, midlife and post-reproductive health.
- To publish articles dealing with all aspects of aging in women, especially during the menopause and climacteric period.
- The journal continues to attract a world-wide readership thanks to the emphasis on practical applicability and its excellent record of drawing on an international base of authors.
- To publish articles on scientific and clinical investigations pertaining to placental research and their applications.
- To publish articles dealing with the cellular and molecular biology of reproduction, including the development of gametes and early embryos in all species; developmental processes such as cell differentiation, morphogenesis and related regulatory mechanisms in normal anddisease models, assisted reproductive technologies in model systems and in a clinical environment, and reproductive endocrinology, immunology andphysiology. Emerging topics including cloning, the biology of embryonic stem cells, environmental effects on reproductive potential and health, and epigenetic effects on reproductive and developmental processes are also covered.
- To publish articles on the use of systems approaches including genomic, cellular, proteomic, metabolomic, bioinformatic, molecular, and biochemical, to address fundamental questions in reproductive biology, reproductive medicine, and translational research. The journal publishes research involving human and animal gametes, stem cells, developmental biology, toxicology, and clinical care in reproductive medicine.
- IJOG represents a viable forum for the entire field of obstetrics and gynaecology, publishing a broad range of original, peer-reviewed papers, from scientific and clinical research to reviews relevant to practice.
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Academic Resource Index
- Index Copernicus
- J-Gate Portal
- Electronic Journals Library
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Biological Abstracts/BIOSIS Previews
- Current Contents (Life Sciences)
- EMBASE/Excerpta Medica